IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Evans of Eton, 1798–1877, British, A Rustic Bridge over the Thames, Anglers on the River Bank, 1845
A Rustic Bridge over the Thames, Anglers on the River Bank
- Watercolor and ink on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 14 3/8 inches (26 × 36.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Wm Evans 1845."; inscribed on back in pen and brown ink, lower left: [...]
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Wm Evans 1845."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | fishing | landscape | river | riverbank | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.