- Women in "Old Italian Costume - Naples"
- Graphite, pen and brown ink and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, light blue, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 × 9 13/16 inches (21 × 24.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Old Italia costume - Naples April 1819- | Dress much worn for the women from [...] | bodies I [...] - these loose with | [...] & trimmings [...] coming [...] | Bodice is part laced & ta[..l] of rise & pink | apron reddish cotton - [...]"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "The back ...] - the boddice or stays long | & made to go close to shape - narrowing | the [...] - [...] and or hip. | [...] jacket made s drawn | to [...] out."; inscribed in graphite, center right: "Old dress on young | (illegible writing for the rest of the inscriptions
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Isaac Weld, 1774–1856, Irish, Women in "Old Italian Costume - Naples", 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.