Three-quarter View of a Lioness
- Former Title(s):
Head and Shoulder of Large Cat
- Part Of:
- between 1910 and 1915
- Black chalk on thin, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 5/8 x 7 3/4 inches (32.1 x 19.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower left: "H. B. 101 - CD"; in black chalk lower right: "HB"
Signed in black chalk lower right in monogram: "HB". Not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal | animal art | lioness | study (visual work) | Vorticism
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henri Gaudier-Brzeska, 1891–1915, French, Three-quarter View of a Lioness, between 1910 and 1915
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.