- The Tower of London
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 x 14 3/4 inches (22.5 x 37.5 cm)
Watermarks: J Whatman [...]
Signed and dated in pen and gray ink, lower right: "Hearne. 1801"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | armed forces | bridge (built work) | cannons | fortress | galleons | portcullis | punts | river | rowboats | rowing | Royal Navy | ships | soldiers | tower (building division) | warships
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | Thames | Tower of London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Hearne, 1744–1817, British, The Tower of London, 1801
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.