IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Hearne, 1744–1817, British, The Tower of London, 1801
The Tower of London
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 x 14 3/4 inches (22.5 x 37.5 cm), Contemporary drawn border:
Watermark: J Whatman [...]
Signed and dated in pen and gray ink, lower right: "Hearne. 1801"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | armed forces | bridge (built work) | cannons | fortress | galleons | portcullis | punts | river | rowboats | rowing | Royal Navy | ships | soldiers | tower (building division) | warships
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.