- Christ Church from the Meadows
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 × 15 1/2 inches (27.9 × 39.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "[...] yellow flower"; inscribed on verso in graphite, center right: "Christ church from the meadows, Oxford | by George Hollis | born at Oxford 1793 died 1849 | he engraved a series of plates of the | Oxford colleges & halls, some of | them from his own drawings"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "G. Hollis"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chapel | church | field | meadow
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Hollis, 1792–1842, British, Christ Church from the Meadows, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.