Chepstow Castle on the Wye
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 x 17 5/8 inches (21 x 44.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "Chepstow Castle Danby"; lower right: "Danby"; lower right: "Chepstow Castle"
Signed in graphite, upper center: "Danby"; in graphite, lower right: "Danby"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | cliffs | geology | hills | landscape | river | ruins | trees
- Associated Places:
- Chepstow | Chepstow Castle | Cymru | Europe | United Kingdom | Wales | Wye
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Art in Focus : Wales (Yale Center for British Art, 2014-04-04 - 2014-08-10) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Francis Danby ARA (Tate Britain, 1989-02-15 - 1989-04-09) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Francis Danby ARA (Bristol Museum and Art Gallery, 1988-11-05 - 1989-01-21) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Yale Center for British Art, Wales, New Haven, 2014, p. 21, V2519 (YCBA) [YCBA]