IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Julius Caesar Ibbetson, 1759–1817, British, Crossing the Line Ceremony on Board the Ship, "Vestal", undated
Crossing the Line Ceremony on Board the Ship, "Vestal"
- Watercolor, pen and gray ink, and gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 × 9 5/8 inches (18.1 × 24.4 cm)
Collector's mark, verso: red sealing wax, fox with initials "R P R"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buckets (vessels) | hatchets | masts | military art | mops (maintenance tools) | rigging | sailors | saws | ships | tricornes | waistcoats
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.