Grittleton, West Front Elevation, No.5
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and black ink, gray wash, blue wash, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 7/8 × 23 inches (42.9 × 58.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Joseph Neeld Esqr | Grittleton House Wilts."
Lettered inside image in pen and black ink, upper center: "GRITTLETON | WEST FRONT ELEVATION"; center left: "No.5"; lettering indicating scale, lower center beginning with "112 feet"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "James Thomson Archit. | London Decr. 1851"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Thomson, 1800–1883, British, Grittleton, West Front Elevation, No.5, 1851
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.