- Grittleton, East Front Elevation, No.7
- Pen and black ink, gray wash, blue wash, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 17 1/8 × 22 7/8 inches (43.5 × 58.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Joseph Neeld Esqr | Grittleton House Wilts"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "The South Alcove and Central Tower are purposely omitted as they would only be seen at some 50 Yards distance | but their combination is s[...] on the perspective [...] already submitted"
Lettered inside image in pen and black ink, upper center: "GRITTLETON | EAST FRONT ELEVATION"; upper left: "No.7"; lettering in pen and black ink indicating scale, lower center beginning with: "130 feet"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "James Thomson Archit | London Decr. 1851"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Thomson, 1800–1883, British, Grittleton, East Front Elevation, No.7, 1851
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.