IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Laporte, 1761–1839, British, A Country Church Amongst Hills, undated
A Country Church Amongst Hills
- Gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, laid paper mounted on linen
- Sheet: 11 5/8 x 15 3/4in. (29.5 x 40cm), Sheet: 11 5/8 × 15 3/4 inches (29.5 × 40 cm)
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- church | figure study | hills | horse (animal) | landscape | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.