Ascent of Balloon from Burlington House, Piccadilly, from the Window at Mr. B. Palmer's
- after 1812
- Watercolor, brown ink, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 13 3/8 inches (24.1 x 34 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower right: "Ascent of Balloon | from Burlington House | Picadilly from The Window | [?at] Mr [?B.] Palmer's opposite -after[...]"
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower right: "1812 | J. Linnell"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balloon | entertainment | floating | genre subject | hot air balloon | house | mansion | sky | windows
- Associated Places:
- Burlington House | City of Westminster | England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Gemma Brace, Air Visualising the Invisible in British Art 1768-2017, Sansom & Co., Bristol, p. 21, fig. 8, N6764 .A57 2017 (YCBA)