Garrick in the Green Room
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, smooth, cream, wove paper, mounted on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, canvas
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 22 7/8 × 27 inches (58.1 × 68.6 cm) and Image: 18 3/4 × 24 1/4 inches (47.6 × 61.6 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Wm. Hogarth."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by Wm Ward Engraver to H.R.H. The Dule of Clarence | Printed by J. Lahee"; lettered, lower center: "GARRICK IN THE GREEN ROOM. | From the original of the same size Painted by Hogarth in the Possession of the Publisher | J W Southgate 22 Fleet Street Jany 1st 1829."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Garrick, David (1717–1779), actor and playwright
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Ward, 1766–1826, British, Garrick in the Green Room, 1829
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.