A Manhattan Excavation
- Additional Title(s):
- Drypoint on medium, slightly textured, beige Asian paper
- Sheet: 15 3/16 x 11 1/8 inches (38.5 x 28.2 cm) and Plate: 12 5/16 x 10 1/8 inches (31.3 x 25.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "MB (underlined)"; upper right: "MB (underlined)"; lower left: "MB & G · H · B | I - 2 thus"; lower center: "printed in New York"; lower right: "Manhattan Excavation | 5856"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "Muirhead Bone | printed in New York 1923"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | automobiles | beams (structural elements) | building site | buildings | carts | cityscape | construction | construction workers | equipment | excavation | figures | genre subject | industry | intersection | labor | ladders | men | roads | ropes | streets | tools | unfinished | wagons | walking | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- Kings | Manhattan | New York | North America | United States
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
The Creative Printmaker (Joseph and Margaret Muscarelle Museum of Art, 1986-03-05 - 1986-04-20) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Creative Printmaker (Yale Center for British Art, 1985-07-09 - 1985-09-01) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]