Michael "Angelo" Rooker, 1746–1801, British, The Gate at Blenheim, 1787
The Gate at Blenheim
- Watercolor and gray ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Contemporary drawn border: 10 3/8 x 14 3/4 inches (26.4 x 37.5 cm) and Sheet: 7 x 11 5/16 inches (17.8 x 28.8 cm)
Signed in black ink, lower left: "MR Delin | 1787"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | child | deer | gate | genre subject | gown | hats | horse (animal) | landscape | men | palace | walking | woman
- Associated Places:
- Blenheim Palace | England | Oxfordshire | United Kingdom | Woodstock
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.