Design for the Haymarket Theatre: "The Battle of Hexham", by Colman the Younger
- Watercolor and gray ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Contemporary drawn border: 14 x 18 5/8 inches (35.6 x 47.3 cm) and Sheet: 10 x 14 1/8 inches (25.4 x 35.9 cm)
Signed and dated in gray ink, lower left: "MR Ino: 1789"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- battle | Battle of Hexham | flags | genre subject | landscape | mountain | play | scenery | tents | theater (discipline) | theater design | wagons
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Greater London | London | Theatre Royal Haymarket | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Michael "Angelo" Rooker, 1746–1801, British, Design for the Haymarket Theatre: "The Battle of Hexham", by Colman the Younger, 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.