Michael "Angelo" Rooker, 1746–1801, British, Design for the Haymarket Theatre: "The Battle of Hexham", by Colman the Younger, 1789
Design for the Haymarket Theatre: "The Battle of Hexham", by Colman the Younger
- Watercolor and gray ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 14 x 18 5/8 inches (35.6 x 47.3 cm) and 10 x 14 1/8 inches (25.4 x 35.9 cm)
Signed and dated in gray ink, lower left: "MR Ino: 1789"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- battle | Battle of Hexham | flags | genre subject | landscape | mountain | play | scenery | tents | theater (discipline) | theater design | wagons
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Greater London | London | Theatre Royal Haymarket | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.