- A Pier at Amsterdam
- Watercolor, pen and gray ink, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 × 11 1/2 inches (25.4 × 29.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen in gray ink, lower left: "Rowlandson 1801"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barrels (containers) | boats | marine art | men | pier (marine landing) | sails | steps | water | women
- Associated Places:
- Amsterdam | Europe | Netherlands
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, A Pier at Amsterdam, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.