A Coastal Barge
- Materials & Techniques:
- Gray wash, watercolor and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 x 7 1/4 inches (26 x 18.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite upper center: "Study of a Sailing Boat | by Samuel Scott | 4572"; in graphite lower center: "1064"; in graphite lower right: "9 | 4572"
Collector's mark: "I" in monogram | "B"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barge | marine art | mast | sails | ship
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.