Tiger and Crocodile
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint and etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 19 1/4 × 24 inches (48.9 × 61 cm), Image: 19 × 23 3/4 inches (48.3 × 60.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "125"
Lettered inside image lower center: "TIGER & CROCODILE"; lower left, "J Northcote RA pinxt. | C Turner Sculpt."; lower right: "London Published Decr. 7 1799 by James Daniell & Co. No. 6 Great Charlotte Street, Blackfriars Road"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | crocodile | tiger
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles Turner, 1774–1857, British, Tiger and Crocodile, 1799