Bath: The Circus
- Etching, hand colored with gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 10 15/16 x 14 13/16 inches (27.8 x 37.7 cm) and Image: 8 3/4 x 13 1/4 inches (22.2 x 33.6 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "THE CIRCUS. | Publish'd according to Act of Parliament Novr 30 1773."; lower right under image: "In.o Robt Cozens"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | basket | buildings | carriages | circle | cobblestones | fences | genre subject | horses (animals) | houses | lampposts | litters | men | parasol | sedan chairs | servants | tricorns | women
- Associated Places:
- Bath | Bath and Northeast Somerset | England | The Circus | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Robert Cozens, 1752–1797, British, Bath: The Circus, 1773
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.