- On the Thames
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 3/8 x 10 7/8 inches (34 x 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink lower right: "J. Varley"; inscribed on back in graphite center: "No. 58"; in graphite lower right: "J 2222 Varley."
Signed in pen and brown ink lower right: "J. Varley"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | bridges (built works) | clouds | docks | houses | Lines | marine art | masts | oars | rivers | rowboats | sailboats | towers
- Associated Places:
- England | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Varley, 1778–1842, British, On the Thames, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.