Old Mill at Battersea
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 × 13 1/2 inches (24.4 × 34.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "Royal"; in graphite, center: "Mr. [...]"; in graphite center right: "136 | 13"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "J. Varley"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boats | bricks | chimneys | houses | landscape | mill | posts | shore (landform) | trees | wall | water | windmill
- Associated Places:
- Battersea | England | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
formerly John Varley, 1778–1842, British, Old Mill at Battersea, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.