Castle on Holy Island
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 x 17 7/8 inches (14 x 45.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink lower right: "J Var<...> | 18<...>"; inscribed on back in graphite upper center: "9678"; in graphite center right: "Castle on Holy Island. | by J. Varley | 9648."; in graphite lower right: "105"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink lower right: "J Var<...> | 18<...>"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beaches | boats | castles | cliffs | islands | landscape | marine art | mountains | rocks (landforms) | sails | sea | towers
- Associated Places:
- Holy Island | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.