A Castle at the Waterside
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Slight Sketches
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 x 10 1/4 inches (18.4 x 26 cm)
Inscribed on back in pen and black ink upper center: "Varley | Lal[ . . . ]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boaters | boats | castles | clouds | landscape | marine art | trees | water
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Varley, 1778–1842, British, A Castle at the Waterside, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.