- Moses Striking the Rock (Numbers 20:11)
- before 1835
- Graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/8 x 3 3/8 inches (13.7 x 8.6 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 7 1/4 x 5 1/4 inches (18.4 x 13.3 cm)
Inscription on back of mount: upper left: No 572 | 25 | Richard Westall. R.A. 1765 - 1836. | Illustrate Bible. Center: "Fairfax Murray Collection"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "R.W."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- child | drinking | food | hats | hill | illustration | Moses striking water from the rock (Exodus 17:1-7; Numbers 20:2-13) | Old Testament | pot | religious and mythological subject | robes | water | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Westall, 1765–1836, British, Moses Striking the Rock (Numbers 20:11), before 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.