IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Richard Westall, 1765–1836, British, Moses Striking the Rock (Numbers 20:11), before 1835
Moses Striking the Rock (Numbers 20:11)
- Part Of:
- before 1835
- Graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/8 x 3 3/8 inches (13.7 x 8.6 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 7 1/4 x 5 1/4 inches (18.4 x 13.3 cm)
Inscription on back of mount: upper left: No 572 | 25 | Richard Westall. R.A. 1765 - 1836. | Illustrate Bible. Center: "Fairfax Murray Collection"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "R. W."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- child | drinking | food | hats | hill | illustration | Moses striking water from the rock (Exodus 17:1-7; Numbers 20:2-13) | Old Testament | pot | religious and mythological subject | robes | water | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.