Joshua and the Angel (Joshua 5:13)
- Part Of:
- before 1835
- Graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/8 x 5 3/8 inches (8.6 x 13.7 cm)
Inscription on back of mount: upper left: No 572 | 14 | Richard Westall. R.A. 1765 - 1836. | Illustrate Bible. Center: "Fairfax Murray Collection"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "R. W."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angel | beard | cape | helmet | illustration | Joshua is told by the angel with the sword to take off his sandals | Old Testament | religious and mythological subject | robe | shield | sword | wings
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Westall, 1765–1836, British, Joshua and the Angel (Joshua 5:13), before 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.