Elisha on His Death-Bed (II Kings 12:17)
- Part Of:
- before 1835
- Graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/4 x 5 1/4 inches (8.3 x 13.3 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 5 1/8 x 7 1/8 inches (13 x 18.1 cm)
Inscription on back of mount: upper left: No 572 | 21 | Richard Westall. R.A. 1765 - 1836. | Illustrate Bible. Center: "Fairfax Murray Collection"
signed in graphite, lower left: "R W"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- archery | arrow | bed | bedroom | bow (weapon) | cape | crown | curtains | death | Elisha tells Joash to shoot an arrow through the window towards Syria and predicts that Joash will be victorious | gesture | illness | illustration | king (person) | Old Testament | priest | prophet | religious and mythological subject | robe | sash | window
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Westall, 1765–1836, British, Elisha on His Death-Bed (II Kings 12:17), before 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.