Elisha on His Death-Bed (II Kings 12:17)
- Part Of:
- before 1835
- Graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/4 x 5 1/4 inches (8.3 x 13.3 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 5 1/8 x 7 1/8 inches (13 x 18.1 cm)
Inscription on back of mount: upper left: No 572 | 21 | Richard Westall. R.A. 1765 - 1836. | Illustrate Bible. Center: "Fairfax Murray Collection"
signed in graphite, lower left: "R W"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- archery | arrow | bed | bedroom | bow (weapon) | cape | crown | curtains | death | Elisha tells Joash to shoot an arrow through the window towards Syria and predicts that Joash will be victorious | gesture | illness | illustration | king (person) | Old Testament | priest | prophet | religious and mythological subject | robe | sash | window
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Westall, 1765–1836, British, Elisha on His Death-Bed (II Kings 12:17), before 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.