- Duchess of Manchester with Her Son George, Viscount Mandeville, as 'Diana and Cupid'
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 25 15/16 × 17 5/8 inches (65.9 × 44.8 cm) and Plate: 24 3/8 × 16 1/8 inches (61.9 × 41 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds pinxt"; lettered, lower right: "James Watson fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arrows | bow | crescent moons | crown | dress | forest | goddess | mother | portrait | son | spears (weapons) | wings
- Associated People:
Montagu, Elizabeth (née Dashwood), Duchess of Manchester (1740/1741?—1832)
Montagu, George Viscount Mandeville (1763–1772)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Watson, 1740–1790, British, Duchess of Manchester with Her Son George, Viscount Mandeville, as 'Diana and Cupid', 1769
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.