IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by James Watson, 1740–1790, British, Duchess of Manchester with Her Son George, Viscount Mandeville, as 'Diana and Cupid', 1769
Duchess of Manchester with Her Son George, Viscount Mandeville, as 'Diana and Cupid'
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 25 15/16 × 17 5/8 inches (65.9 × 44.8 cm), Plate: 24 3/8 × 16 1/8 inches (61.9 × 41 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds pinxt"; lettered, lower right: "James Watson fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arrows | bow | crescent moons | crown | dress | forest | goddess | mother | portrait | son | spears (weapons) | wings
- Associated People:
- Montagu, Elizabeth (née Dashwood), Duchess of Manchester (1740/1741?—1832)
Montagu, George Viscount Mandeville (1763–1772)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.