- Elizabeth Lady Melbourne with Her Son, the Honourable. Peniston Lamb
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 25 9/16 × 16 1/16 inches (64.9 × 40.8 cm) and Plate: 24 3/8 × 15 inches (61.9 × 38.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "R 6629 | State II"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lettered, lower center: "The Right Honble. ELIZABETH LADY MELBOURNE & the Honble PENISTON LAMB. | Publish'd Feby 10th 1775 for W. Shropshire No.158 & Thos. Watson No. 142 New Bond Street."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by Thomas Watson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Lamb, Elizabeth, Viscountess Melbourne (ca. 1751-1818), political hostess and agricultural improver
Lamb, Peniston (1770–1805)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Watson, 1743–1781, British, Elizabeth Lady Melbourne with Her Son, the Honourable. Peniston Lamb, 1775
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.