- Lady Elizabeth Montagu
- ca. 1756
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/4 × 9 3/16 inches (33.7 × 23.3 cm) and Image: 10 5/8 × 8 15/16 inches (27 × 22.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Lady Elizabeth Montague"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "14530"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "168"
Lettered, lower left: "J. Reynolds pin"; lettered, lower right: "J:McArdell fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- pearls | portrait
- Associated People:
- Montagu [née Robinson], Elizabeth (1718–1800), author and literary hostess
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James McArdell, ca. 1729–1765, Irish, Lady Elizabeth Montagu, ca. 1756
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.