- Additional Title(s):
Mrs. Musters as 'Hebe'
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 24 1/4 × 15 1/2 inches (61.6 × 39.4 cm), Plate: 24 × 14 7/8 inches (61 × 37.8 cm), and Image: 23 3/8 × 14 7/8 inches (59.4 × 37.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "#105"; lower right: "7203"
Label on verso, upper right: "Rare and Curious Book"
Lettered below image: "Painted by Sr. Joshua Reynolds P.R.A. | HEBE | London, Publish'd Octr. 20th. 1785 by J.R. Smith No.83 Oxford Street | Engraved by C.H.Hodges."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | dish | dress | drinking | eagle (bird) | ewer | heaven | Hebe as cup-bearer of the gods | portrait | pouring | religious and mythological subject | sash | woman | youth
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles Howard Hodges, 1764–1837, British, Hebe, 1785
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.