Miss Mary Palmer
- Additional Title(s):
Miss Mary Palmer, Lady Thomond
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 19 1/16 x 14 7/16 inches (48.4 x 36.7 cm), 15 x 10 15/16 inches (38.1 x 27.8 cm), and 13 5/16 x 10 15/16 inches (33.8 x 27.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Oca[...](?) (encircled)"; lower center: "Miss Mary Palmer, Lady Thomond"; lower right: "75"; on back, lower center: "201 | Miss Mary Palmer"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by Sr Joshua Reynolds"; lower center: "London Publish'd as the Act directs Jany. 29 1779 by Wm. Doughty No. 4 Little Fitchfield St. Cavendish Square"; lower right: "Engraved by Wm. Doughty"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- brooch | choker | costume | fichu | gown | jewels | muslin | oval | portrait | turban | woman
- Associated People:
- Palmer, Mary (1716–1794), writer
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Doughty, 1757–1782, British, Miss Mary Palmer, 1779
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.