Miss Theophila Palmer
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 17 13/16 × 11 15/16 inches (45.2 × 30.3 cm), Plate: 15 1/16 × 11 1/16 inches (38.3 × 28.1 cm), and Image: 13 5/8 × 11 inches (34.6 × 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "16[x] or 4"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sr Joshua Renolds"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J. R. Smith"; lettered, lower center: "Publish'd the 11th of June 1777 by J.R. Smith No. 10 Batemans Soho Square & Wm Humphrey Gerard Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Gwatkin, Theophila (1757–1848)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Raphael Smith, 1752–1812, British, Miss Theophila Palmer, 1777
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.