Miss Theophila Palmer
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 17 13/16 × 11 15/16 inches (45.2 × 30.3 cm), Plate: 15 1/16 × 11 1/16 inches (38.3 × 28.1 cm), Image: 13 5/8 × 11 inches (34.6 × 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "16[x] or 4"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sr Joshua Renolds"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J. R. Smith"; lettered, lower center: "Publish'd the 11th of June 1777 by J.R. Smith No. 10 Batemans Soho Square & Wm Humphrey Gerard Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Gwatkin, Theophila (1757–1848)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Raphael Smith, 1752–1812, British, Miss Theophila Palmer, 1777
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.