Barmouth Bay, the Junction of the Rivers Mowddach and Gwinion
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, cream, slightly textured wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 x 17 11/16 inches (30.8 x 44.9 cm)
Inscribed on back in pen and brown ink lower right: "Monadach Gwynian UM| the junction of the two Rivers, Monadach & Gwinion, Gwinion runs from Dolgely [...] | Veiw of the Rivers, Running down towards Barmouth Bay; Monmouthshire. | by G. Griffith Aug 1805.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | landscape | rivers
- Associated Places:
- Barmouth Bay | Cymru | Merionethshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Moses Griffith, 1747–1819, British, Barmouth Bay, the Junction of the Rivers Mowddach and Gwinion, 1805
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.