Countess of Salisbury
- Mezzotint (first state) on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 25 5/8 × 15 1/2 inches (65.1 × 39.4 cm), Plate: 25 1/8 × 15 1/4 inches (63.8 × 38.7 cm), and Image: 24 × 15 1/8 inches (61 × 38.4 cm)
Lettered below image, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds. | Published Dec.r. 1st 1781, by V. Green No. 29 Newman Street, Oxford Street, London."; lower center: "Engraved by V. Green Mezzotinto Engraver to his Majesty & the Elector Palatine."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Cecil, Mary Amelia [Emily Mary], marchioness of Salisbury (1750–1835), political hostess and sportswoman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, Countess of Salisbury, 1781
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.