- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on thick card
- Sheet: 10 x 16 3/4 inches (25.4 x 42.5 cm) and Mount: 10 7/8 x 17 1/2 inches (27.6 x 44.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso of mount in graphite upper left: "Moses Griffith | 1749-1819"; upper center: "Barmouth Bay | 5463"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | marine art | sea | ships
- Associated Places:
- Barmouth Bay | Caernarfonshire and Merionethshire | Cymru | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.