Lady Charles Spencer
- ca. 1767
- Mezzotint (only state) on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 14 13/16 × 10 15/16 inches (37.6 × 27.8 cm) and Image: 13 × 10 7/8 inches (33 × 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "[?]y: Ouy o[...] Em[...]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "207"
Lettered, lower left: "J. Reynolds pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "J. Pott fecit"; lettered, lower center: "Publish'd as the Act directs. | Lady Charles Spencer | London, Printed for Robt. Sayer. Map & Printseller at No.53 in Fleet Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dog (animal) | portrait
- Associated People:
- Spencer (née Beauclerk), Lady Mary (1743-1812), daughter and heir of 1st Baron Vere; wife of Lord Charles Spencer
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Pott, active ca. 1767, Lady Charles Spencer, ca. 1767
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.