Lord Henry and Lady Charlotte Spencer as 'The Young Fortune Tellers'
- Materials & Techniques:
- Aquatint, etching, and stipple (first state) on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 7/8 × 15 5/8 inches (53 × 39.7 cm), Plate: 15 × 11 inches (38.1 × 27.9 cm), Image: 11 3/4 × 9 5/8 inches (29.8 × 24.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "15 3/4 x 12 | 166"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Sold by C. [Love]"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sr. Joshua Reynolds"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J. Jones"; lettered, lower center: "Publ'd as the Act directs April 1st 1790 by J. Jones. Great Portland Street. | Lord Henry and Lady Charlotte Spencer | DIEU DEFEND LE DROIT"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Spencer, Lady Charlotte (1769–1802)
Spencer, Lord Henry John (1770—1795), British diplomat and politician
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Jones, ca. 1745–1797, British, Lord Henry and Lady Charlotte Spencer as 'The Young Fortune Tellers', 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.