Georgiana Lady Viscountess Spencer
- Mezzotint (Ham.II) on moderately thick, moderatel textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 15 7/16 × 11 1/2 inches (39.2 × 29.2 cm), Plate: 15 × 11 inches (38.1 × 27.9 cm), and Image: 13 1/4 × 11 inches (33.7 × 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "143"; inscribred in graphite, verso, lower center: "Spencer"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "13124 | R/F/-"
Lettered lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by Thomas Watson."; lettered, lower center: "London publish'd Novr. 1st. 1772 by S Hooper No. Ludgate Hill, W Shropshire, No. New Bond Street & T. Watson No.8. Broad Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Spencer [née Poyntz], (Margaret) Georgiana, Countess Spencer (1737–1814), philanthropist
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Watson, 1743–1781, British, Georgiana Lady Viscountess Spencer, 1772