Laurence Sterne, A.M.
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 15 1/16 × 10 15/16 inches (38.2 × 27.8 cm) and Image: 13 9/16 x 10 7/8 inches (34.4 x 27.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "TH"; lower right: "14536"
Collector's mark: Library of Queen Victoria
Lettered, lower left: "J. Reynolds Pinx,,t"; lower center: "Laurence Sterne, A.M. | Prebendary of York, Vicar of Sutton on the Forest and of Stillington near York."; lower right: "E. Fisher fecit. | Pr. 5.s"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- author | cloak | desk | drapery | garter | mantle | papers | poet | portrait | quills | robe | sleeves | wig
- Associated People:
- Sterne, Laurence (1713–1768), writer and Church of England clergyman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Fisher, 1722–1785, British, Laurence Sterne, A.M, 1760
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.