Laurence Sterne, A.M.
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 15 1/16 × 10 15/16 inches (38.2 × 27.8 cm), Image: 13 9/16 x 10 7/8 inches (34.4 x 27.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "TH"; lower right: "14536"
Collector's mark, verso: Walter Francis Duke of Buccleuch (Lugt 402)
Lettered, lower left: "J. Reynolds Pinx,,t"; lower center: "Laurence Sterne, A.M. | Prebendary of York, Vicar of Sutton on the Forest and of Stillington near York."; lower right: "E. Fisher fecit. | Pr. 5.s"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- author | cloak | curls | desk | drapery | garter | gaze | gesturing | leg | mantle | papers | poet | portrait | posing | quills | robe | sitting | sleeves | smiling | vicar | wig
- Associated People:
- Sterne, Laurence (1713–1768), writer and Church of England clergyman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Fisher, 1722–1785, British, Laurence Sterne, A.M, 1760