- Mezzotint (first state) on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 25 1/8 × 15 1/4 inches (63.8 × 38.7 cm) and 23 3/4 × 15 inches (60.3 × 38.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "D"
Lettered below image, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds. | Published May 1.st 1782, by V. Green No.29 Newman Street, Oxford Street, London."; lower center: "Engraved by V Green, Mezzotinto Engraver to his Majesty & to the Elector Palatine"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- altar | cloud | countess | curtain | drapery | dress | field | parks (grounds) | pillar | pitcher | plate (dish) | portrait | religious and mythological subject | robe | shawl | smoke | statue | tree | vase
- Associated People:
Talbot, Lady Charlotte (1754-1804), wife of British politician John Chetwynd-Talbot, 1st Earl Talbot
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, Countess Talbot, 1782
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.