IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by John Raphael Smith, 1752–1812, British, Colonel Tarleton, 1782
- Mezzotint (engraver's proof) on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 24 1/2 × 15 1/2 inches (62.2 × 39.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "S.Hadin | E/H | 947377"; lower right: "Col Tarleton | very warm | [....]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Tarleton, Sir Banastre, baronet (1754–1833), army officer and politician
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
The Creative Printmaker (Joseph and Margaret Muscarelle Museum of Art, 1986-03-05 - 1986-04-20) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Creative Printmaker (Yale Center for British Art, 1985-07-09 - 1985-09-01) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.