IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Walker, 1791–1867, British, William Henry Cavendish Scott-Bentinck, Duke of Portland, when Marquess of Titchfield, undated
William Henry Cavendish Scott-Bentinck, Duke of Portland, when Marquess of Titchfield
- Mezzotint (proof, private plate) on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 21 1/16 × 16 1/4 inches (53.5 × 41.3 cm), Plate: 20 3/4 × 16 inches (52.7 × 40.6 cm), Image: 19 1/2 × 15 5/16 inches (49.5 × 38.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "[?]329"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "9213"
Lettered, lower center: "WILLIAM HENRY CAVENDISH SCOTT-BENTINCK, DUKE OF PORTLAND. | FROM THE PAINTING BY SIR JOSHUA REYNOLDS, P.R.A., IN THE POSSESSION OF HIS GRACE AT WELBECK. | Engraved and Published by Mr. Walker, 64 Margaret Street, Cavendish Square."; lettered, lower right: "PRIVATE PLATE."; lettered, lower left: "PROOF."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Bentinck, Lord Henry William Cavendish-Scott- [known as Lord Henry Bentinck] (1804–1870), sportsman and politician
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.