William Henry Cavendish Scott-Bentinck, Duke of Portland, when Marquess of Titchfield
- Mezzotint (proof, private plate) on thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 21 1/16 × 16 1/4 inches (53.5 × 41.3 cm), Plate: 20 3/4 × 16 inches (52.7 × 40.6 cm), and Image: 19 1/2 × 15 5/16 inches (49.5 × 38.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "[?]329"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "9213"
Lettered, lower center: "WILLIAM HENRY CAVENDISH SCOTT-BENTINCK, DUKE OF PORTLAND. | FROM THE PAINTING BY SIR JOSHUA REYNOLDS, P.R.A., IN THE POSSESSION OF HIS GRACE AT WELBECK. | Engraved and Published by Mr. Walker, 64 Margaret Street, Cavendish Square."; lettered, lower right: "PRIVATE PLATE."; lettered, lower left: "PROOF."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Bentinck, Lord Henry William Cavendish-Scott- [known as Lord Henry Bentinck] (1804–1870), sportsman and politician
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Walker, 1791–1867, British, William Henry Cavendish Scott-Bentinck, Duke of Portland, when Marquess of Titchfield, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.