George, first Marquis Townshend
- Additional Title(s):
George, 1st Marquis Townshend
- Mezzotint (only state) on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- 26 1/2 × 15 3/4 inches (67.3 × 40 cm), 25 3/4 × 14 15/16 inches (65.4 × 37.9 cm), and 24 × 14 11/16 inches (61 × 37.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "97"
Collector's mark, lower right: :"JR"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Josa.Reynolds."; lettered, lower center: "THE MOST NOBLE GEORGE MARQUIS TOWNSHEND | Field Marshall of HIs Majestys Forces. Colonel of the 2nd Regiment of Dragoon Guards, Governor of Jersey | High Steward of Tamworth and Yarmouth, Lord Lieutenant and Vice Admiral of the Country of Norfolk &c&c&c. | London Published Jany.1 1807, for the Proprietor by Charles Turner, No.50, Warren Street Fitzroy Square."; lettered, lower right: Engraved by C.Turner."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Townshend, George, first Marquess Townshend (1724–1807), politician and caricaturist
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles Turner, 1774–1857, British, George, first Marquis Townshend, 1807
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.