George, first Marquis Townshend
- Additional Title(s):
George, 1st Marquis Townshend
- Mezzotint (only state) on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 26 1/2 × 15 3/4 inches (67.3 × 40 cm), Plate: 25 3/4 × 14 15/16 inches (65.4 × 37.9 cm), and Image: 24 × 14 11/16 inches (61 × 37.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "97"
Collector's mark, lower right: :"JR"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Josa.Reynolds."; lettered, lower center: "THE MOST NOBLE GEORGE MARQUIS TOWNSHEND | Field Marshall of HIs Majestys Forces. Colonel of the 2nd Regiment of Dragoon Guards, Governor of Jersey | High Steward of Tamworth and Yarmouth, Lord Lieutenant and Vice Admiral of the Country of Norfolk &c&c&c. | London Published Jany.1 1807, for the Proprietor by Charles Turner, No.50, Warren Street Fitzroy Square."; lettered, lower right: Engraved by C.Turner."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Townshend, George, first Marquess Townshend (1724–1807), politician and caricaturist
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles Turner, 1774–1857, British, George, first Marquis Townshend, 1807
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.