Caleb Whitefoord, F.R.S., F.S.A.
- Additional Title(s):
Caleb Whitefoord Esqr.
- Mezzotint (first state) on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 25 5/8 × 18 1/8 inches (65.1 × 46 cm), Plate: 19 3/4 × 13 3/4 inches (50.2 × 34.9 cm), and Image: 17 × 13 3/4 inches (43.2 × 34.9 cm)
Lettered below image: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds | Engraved by I.Jones. Engraver Extraordinary. to His R.H. the | Prince of Wales and Principal engraver to His R. H. the Duke of York. | CALEB WHITEFOORD ESQR. | Fellow of the Royal Societies of London and Edinburgh, | Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries, and late Secretary | to the British Commission for treating Peace with | America - Anno 1782. | Pubd. as the Act directs. June 1st, 1793. by I.Jones. No.74 Great Portland Street, Portland Place."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Whitefoord, Caleb (1734–1810), wine merchant and diplomatist
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Jones, ca. 1745–1797, British, Caleb Whitefoord, F.R.S., F.S.A, 1793
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.