Master Wynn in the Character of St. John
- Additional Title(s):
Master Watkin Wynn as the Infant St. John
Master Wynn as John the Baptist
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 5/8 x 17 13/16 inches (34.6 x 45.2 cm), Plate: 12 5/16 x 15 7/8 inches (31.2 x 40.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Master Wynne 1st State | Reynolds"; lower right: "Dean"; on back, lower left: "1 x 8"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | barefoot | boy | cave | child | Christianity | cloth | cup | curls | early life of John the Baptist | John the Baptist in the wilderness, usually accompanied by a lamb | lamb | landscape | leaves | nobility | portrait | religious and mythological subject | rocks (landforms) | saint | sheep | vines | waterfall
- Associated People:
- Williams-Wynn, Sir Watkin, fifth baronet (1772–1840), politician
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Dean, 1754–1798, British, Master Wynn in the Character of St. John, 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.