Age of Innocence
- ca. 1794
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/2 x 10 1/16 inches (34.3 x 25.5 cm), Plate: 11 x 8 3/8 inches (28 x 21.2 cm), and Image: 8 3/8 x 7 3/16 inches (21.3 x 18.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "46 | B. 1871 | 222 | Co | ai/8/-"; on back, lower right: "18 x 13 1/4"
Collector's mark: Alexander Anderdon Weston
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bow (costume accessory) | child | gesture | girl | gown | portrait | sash | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Joseph Grozer, ca. 1755–1798, British, Age of Innocence, ca. 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.