- Mezzotint (second state) on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 16 7/8 × 13 inches (42.9 × 33 cm) and Image: 15 1/16 × 11 7/8 inches (38.3 × 30.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, cneter: "16 1/3 x 12 3/4[...] | 96 | 69"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "231"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "103"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "9431 | R6873
Letreed, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W. Say. Engraver to His R.H. the Duke of Gloucester."; lettered, lower center: "LOVE."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- archery | arrows | bow | child | clouds | curls | landscape | love | quiver | religious and mythological subject | sash | smile | trees | wings
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.