IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by John Raphael Smith, 1752–1812, British, The Infant Jupiter, 1775
The Infant Jupiter
- Mezzotint (third state) on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 7/8 × 14 15/16 inches (53 × 37.9 cm), Plate: 20 × 14 1/16 inches (50.8 × 35.7 cm), Image: 18 1/2 × 13 15/16 inches (47 × 35.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "R7051"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by S Joshua Reynolds"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J.R.Smith"; lettered, lower center: "Publish'd 20th May 1775 by J.R.Smith No.[...] Batemans Buildings Soho"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | clouds | eagle (bird) | infant | perch | ram (animal) | religious and mythological subject | rock | sitting | sky | thunderbolts
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.