- The Infant Jupiter
- Mezzotint (third state) on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 20 7/8 × 14 15/16 inches (53 × 37.9 cm), Plate: 20 × 14 1/16 inches (50.8 × 35.7 cm), and Image: 18 1/2 × 13 15/16 inches (47 × 35.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "R7051"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by S Joshua Reynolds"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J.R.Smith"; lettered, lower center: "Publish'd 20th May 1775 by J.R.Smith No.[...] Batemans Buildings Soho"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | clouds | eagle (bird) | infant | perch | ram (animal) | religious and mythological subject | rock | sitting | sky | thunderbolts
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Raphael Smith, 1752–1812, British, The Infant Jupiter, 1775
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.