The Infant Jupiter
- Mezzotint (third state) on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 20 7/8 × 14 15/16 inches (53 × 37.9 cm), Plate: 20 × 14 1/16 inches (50.8 × 35.7 cm), and Image: 18 1/2 × 13 15/16 inches (47 × 35.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "R7051"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by S Joshua Reynolds"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J.R.Smith"; lettered, lower center: "Publish'd 20th May 1775 by J.R.Smith No.[...] Batemans Buildings Soho"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | clouds | eagle (bird) | infant | perch | ram (animal) | religious and mythological subject | rock | sitting | sky | thunderbolts
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Raphael Smith, 1752–1812, British, The Infant Jupiter, 1775
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.