Moses in the Bulrushes
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 3/4 x 14 5/16 inches (29.8 x 36.3 cm), Plate: 11 7/16 x 13 15/16 inches (29 x 35.4 cm), Image: 10 7/16 x 13 15/16 inches (26.5 x 35.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "21 3/4 x 18"; on back, lower left: "H II"; on back, lower right: "270 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by Sir Josha. Reynolds"; lower center: "MOSES in the BULRUSHES. | Published May 8th,, 1786, by J,, Dean Bentinck Street, Soho."; lower right: "Engraved by J. Dean"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | basket | blankets (coverings) | Christianity | Judaism | landscape | Moses (alone) in the bulrushes | portrait | reeds | religious and mythological subject | trees
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Dean, 1754–1798, British, Moses in the Bulrushes, 1786
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.