Miss Ann Parry
- Additional Title(s):
Miss Ann Parr
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/2 x 10 1/2 inches (36.9 x 26.6 cm), Plate: 14 1/16 x 9 15/16 inches (35.7 x 25.2 cm), and Image: 12 x 9 15/16 inches (30.5 x 25.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper center: "not in sh[...]t"; in blue chalk, on back, lower left: "96R (encircled)"; in graphite, on back, lower center: "Duplicate | her real name was parry | #59"; on back, lower right: "1x : y | 5/"
unidentified collector's stamp, in brown-black ink, on back, lower left: mythological creature within circle
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "G. Romney Pinxit."; lower center: "Published Feby. 5th, 1778, by J. Dean, Church Street, Soho. | Miss Ann Parr."; lower right: "John Dean Fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cape (outerwear) | curls | flowers (plants) | gown | hills | landscape | pattern (design element) | portrait | sash | trees | woman
- Associated People:
- Parry, Ann (fl. 1778)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Dean, 1754–1798, British, Miss Ann Parry, 1777
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.